Luxe Bath Blog
HOW TO PLAN AND DECORATE YOUR BATHROOM 0
If you’re designing from scratch, including layout and installation, make sure there is comfortable flow within the room. For example, when the bathroom door is open, make sure that the first thing you see is relaxing and aesthetically pleasing. For example, a dividing wall, a beautiful bath or walk-in shower – just not the toilet! If you are lucky enough to have a nice view from the bathroom window, then position your bath so that you can enjoy it while relaxing. These are all things to consider when thinking about the floor plan, and don’t even think about colours or styles until you know where, what and how things will be.
Colour-matching is a huge trend for 2018, so try to match the tone of the paint or tile you decide to use with the bath or other bathroom furniture. White or neutral tones always give a sophisticated aesthetic, including a simple white scheme. For more depth, use a mix of deeper or more vibrant colours from one tonal spectrum. For example, if you’re using pink, use a mix of corals and ballet-slipper blushes. This will create a more rounded look, while exact colour-matching will give a really cool two dimensional look, not dissimilar to Pop Art-themed schemes.
Designing in small bathrooms
We are always taught to try and maximise space in our homes. No matter the size of the room, the dogma is magnolia. This “space saving” is a myth, and a waste of great decorating potential, especially in spaces that are small at the best of times. Alongside master bathrooms, little guest bathrooms can be miniature, glinting pockets of design heaven, rather than the forgotten spaces they are in most homes.
Top tips at a glance:
- Think about the layout of your bathroom before you start making any stylistic decisions. Figure out placement and the flow of the room first!
- Use a mix of concealed and open storage so you can tuck away the unsightlies, and display the beautiful bottles and items you use every day
- Colour-match your bathroom tiles with painted bathtubs or bathroom furniture
- Don’t be afraid to use a bold, statement pattern, even in a small room. A well-designed space beats a space that overcompensates for its size!
- Don’t underestimate the design potential of your bathroom, and as always, have fun with it
What You Need to Declutter Your Bathroom 0
No matter what type of space you’re planning to organize, it’s always a good idea to begin by decluttering. All you need in order to declutter your bathroom are some sturdy plastic trash bags and some cleaning wipes, paper towels, or whatever other cleaning products you like. (Decluttering always reveals hidden areas that tend to become dusty or dirty over time.)
What You Need to Organize Your Bathroom
After you’ve gotten everything out of the bathroom that doesn’t belong there, then you can start organizing what’s left. Depending on the setup of your bathroom and what you already own, you may not need any new organizing or storage products. If your bathroom is lacking in storage options (e.g., if your sink has no storage space underneath, your counter is small or non-existent, or you have no closet or shelves), then you might need to go shopping.
To determine what you’ll need, take stock of what sorts of items you want to store and organize. If you have a lot of bulky items like bath towels and extra paper goods, you might need a piece of furniture like a chest or shelving unit. For a budget option, or an unusually shaped room, several large square baskets could work too. If you already have a place for the big stuff but struggle to corral lipsticks, hair elastics, and other small items, you need smaller containers that won’t take up too much room and will let you stash little things where you can easily reach them.
Always shop for organizing products with a good understanding of your own needs and not a vague idea of what you think you “should” buy. If you’re inspired by a gorgeous bathroom on Pinterest but your own space is less luxurious, you can take the elements that work for you (e.g., the calming color scheme) and leave those that don’t.
When looking for bathroom organizers, look for ones that will help maximize the space in your bathroom and reduce the time you spend rummaging in drawers and searching through closets. Bulky storage boxes with heavy lids, however nice they might look, are impractical. And always measure your bathroom carefully to make sure you’re not buying something that won’t fit in your space.
What Items to Declutter and Organize in Your Bathroom
Sort through everything you keep in, or use in, your bathroom, including items in the following categories:
- Hair care products.
- Hair tools like brushes and clips.
- Skin care products.
- Prescription medications.
- Over the counter creams and pills.
- Grooming tools like nail files and razors.
- Towels and mats.
- Cleaning supplies.
- Paper goods like tissues and toilet paper.
- Q-tips, cotton pads, etc.
- First-aid supplies.
- Old storage products you don’t use, or don’t enjoy using.
- Anything that’s been sitting around unused for a year.
- Mai Perez
Can Candles Relieve Stress? 0One of the most effortless, yet effective ways to relieve stress is by using aromatherapy. Exposing your senses to strong smelling chemicals such as essential oils can positively affect your hormone production, brain chemistry, and stress levels.
Although aromatherapy is considered a form of alternative medicine, studies have shown that certain scents can help people relax, as they have calming properties. It’s amazing to think that something as simple as a scent can have that big of an effect on the human body, but it’s true.
Aromatherapy, in the form of calming scents for stress, works by targeting the scent receptors in your brain. You breathe in the scent, for example, from a stress relief candle, and the molecules in the scent go in through your nose, which triggers the parts of the brain responsible for calming you down. The effect is practically immediate and completely painless, with no side effects. You’ll just feel that much calmer!
Traditional aromatherapy consists of one thing – essential oils. These oils are sometimes blended to make combinations with additional healing powers, or they are used individually. Essential oils come from the plants themselves. They are distilled and extracted from various parts of the original plants, such as the seeds, roots, stems, leaves, and blossoms. Exactly which parts are used depends on the plant.
Sometimes lighting a candle and breathing its scent deeply is enough to relieve your stress. However, other times might require something a little more dramatic. Try sitting down, removing your shoes, leaning back, and closing your eyes. Focus on nothing but the scent thrown from your stress relief candle. You’ll feel yourself calm down quickly.
Why Non Slip Shower Mats Are Necessary 0
One of the most important bathroom safety tips for any home is to purchase a bathmat. The mat itself (usually inexpensive) is the perfect way to prevent any slips and falls in your commode — but why exactly is it important to own one? Let us explain.
- NON SLIP Bath Mat -PREVENT SLIPS AND FALLS: with a durable, latex backing, the Luxe non-slip bath mat will stay in place. Non skid backing ensures the rug won’t move and you’ll be safe when stepping out of your shower.
- LUXURIOUS MICROFIBER Bath Mat – thick shag pile – over 1.25 inches thick – is fluffy, ultra soft bath rug is practical and plush. Your feet will say thank you when stepping out of the shower or bathtub on the Luxe microfiber bath rug.
- ABSORBENT Bath Mat – The Luxe microfiber bath rug is much more absorbent than cotton bath rugs, so it won't stay soggy all day or start to stink after just a couple uses. It’s also antibacterial, perfect for multiple bathroom or shower users.
- MACHINE WASHABLE Bath Rug - After your toddler or kids get out of the bath tub, just throw it into the washing machine. Fast drying and long lasting, the Luxe microfiber bath rug will last for years to come.
- 100% SATISFACTION: If you don’t absolutely love the Luxe non-slip microfiber bath rug , let us know and receive a full, no-hassle refund
Use this link to avail the 10% Coupon for Luxe Plush Shag Bath Mat Rug Non Slip https://amzn.to/2MXJWPL
10 Luxury Bathrooms And Tips You Can Copy From Them 0
- Mai Perez
5 Key Benefits of a Bath Bomb 0
Unwinding at the end of a long day or starting a busy week with a luxurious bath instead of a rushed shower is always a great idea. Here are five great benefits of adding a bath bomb to your bathing experience.
1. Bath Bombs Are Good For Your Skin
A bath bomb adds emollients and softeners to your bath’s water that moisturize and indulge your skin. No matter what your skin type, the beneficial ingredients in bath bombs leave it soft, supple, and silky. Yes, it’ll cleanse your skin, but the ingredients inside will also pamper and soothe it. Your skin will feel velvety, sinuous, and youthful.
2. Bath Bombs Are All Natural And Vegan Friendly
Unlike other bath products that rely on a chemical makeup, bath bombs are all-natural, chemical free bath time treats. That means there are no harsh irritants that could irritate your skin. Instead, they’re protective and pacifying with amazing skin softening properties.
3. Bath Bombs Create An Atmosphere
Bath bombs help create an atmosphere of luxury and opulence. Once you drop one into your tub, it fizzes and releases delightful scents. Bath bombs are amazing effervescent balls of wonder that turn an ordinary bath into a joyful experience. You’ll love the subtle transformation from bathtub to spa a simple bath bomb can create.
4. Bath Bombs Have Healing Properties
Almost all bath bombs contain sodium bicarbonate and citric acid. These two ingredients combine to create that fizzing sensation bath bombs are famous for. More than that, though, they clean, deodorize, and repair skin, and strengthen blood vessels. These two main ingredients leave you with healthier, younger looking skin. You’ll love the rejuvenating enzymes and the healthy, glowing skin you’ll have as the result of a bath bomb indulgence.
5. Bath Bomb’s Scents Have A Purpose
Many people appreciate bath bombs for their aromatherapy benefits. The scent lingers on your skin and stays with you all day. Did you know the variety of scents serve a purpose? If you’re taking your bath in the morning, you’ll want to opt for an energizing scent like citrus. It wakes up tired skin, wakes up a sleepy mind, and helps you face the challenges of the day. If you’re taking your bath in the evening, consider calming, relaxing scents like lavender. You’ll love the way it helps you relax in the bath and drift off to sleep in bed.